Archibat Asia looking for Director of Urban Planning for a US global engineering group to join their Beijing office,
- Lead the project design and execution, provide design directions to the project teams and control design quality.
- Technical Support & Project Management- Responsible for financial management of the project, ensure key deadlines are met and that the project stays on schedule and staff are working together effectively; Lead design in a holistic process oriented approach based on a contemporary innovative methodology from the vision to build works; Evaluate, select and apply standard urban design techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications on projects
- Client Management- Play a key role in client management and keep positive client feedback and satisfaction; Confer with clients regarding design schemes and implementation
- Social Responsibilities- Develop solutions that effectively address the social, legal and economic implications of the physical form; Coordinate and consult with government and local regulatory agencies on scope and impact of project when necessary
- Mentor young designers- Work, inspire and manage a diverse team of design professionals from around the world focusing on strong communication and team leadership abilities.
- Bachelor degree or above in Urban Design or related fields
- Minimum 18 years of urban design experience in China and overseas; 5+ years’ experience working in PRC with multinational design firms
- At least 5 years leadership experience who can motivate large project team.
- Experience with large-scale high profile projects is highly preferred
- Strong technical skills- Proven track record of delivering projects in China; Knowledgeable on contractual requirements and project financials; Excellent design, visualization and graphic skills; Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Excel and Adobe Creative Suite software packages
- Good business acumen- Experience in hands-on business development activities; Proved ability to manage the client relationship
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as Executive Director
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.