Archibat HR Asia is looking for a Project Director (Interior Design) for a Global Award Wining Architecture Firm to be based in their Shanghai Office.
The Project Director position will be responsible for individual clients and day to day project management. The incumbent will lead projects from beginning to end – and will be responsible for delivering project scope and coordinating the necessary project support. Project Director will work collaboratively with Principals in the completion of proposals, projects and project reporting. Undertake full project forecasting and financial management and report directly to the Interior Design Principal.
Ideally this candidate should be a Senior level candidate who can lead and monitor project team and keep high level of communication with clients and lead in potential new BD opportunities from current clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Oversees multiple interior design projects through management of day to day activities and ensure the completion of projects within budget, on schedule and meeting all program objectives.
• Serve as primary resource to clients on all project related issues and keep effectively communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines.
• Understands the client’s expectations; Consistently provide complete and timely communication of project information to and from clients and project team.
• Fosters a culture of external and internal client service.
• Assist on BD by doing work plan through financial system (BST)
• Draft and coordinate contract details especially the deliverable and schedule part with clients and sub-consultants.
• Execute design contract by guiding the team to ensure the high quality of work deliverables, meet schedules, control project budget of manpower and costs (updating work plan all the time to match the reality), acquire fee payment from client, sensitive to Additional Service Notification (ASN) and work on ASN, etc. for the whole project process from concept design to the construction completion.
• Bachelor’s degree in interior design/architecture or equivalent education and experience required.
• 15+ years of professional relevant (international) experience in working on large scale interior design projects such as workplace/office, mix-use, healthcare, hospitality, etc. are deems an advantage.
• Strong organization, collaboration and communication skills to lead clients and design team, and consultant teams.
• Must be able to work to tight deadlines – flexible in term of multitasking and tight project schedule.
• Fluency in English and Mandarin is essential, international experience is preferred.
• Strong communication skills and people skills.
• Good design sense to bridge talent designer with the project team, solid ID project experience for the entire design process.
If your are interested in this position, please send your cv to email@example.com