Archibat HR Asia is looking for an Associate Creative Director for a global design and strategy firm in their Shanghai Office：
We are looking for a new type of Architectural Designer who is up for the challenge of their life — imagining new realities and creating break-through experiences. This individual is excited about playing at the intersection of digital, physical and environmental design while possessing a broad attitude and deep hunger for crafting a truly transformational experience.
One that handles the conceptualization and development of new products including creating aspects of environment, form, aesthetics, physical and psychological interfaces between users and products. May contribute to and work within project criteria established by other business functions. Determines materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, surface finish, manufacturing processes and packaging in cooperation with other business functions involved in the new experience development process. Must create the documentation necessary to convey the design solution to management or other business functions through renderings, models, mechanical drawings, and written reports.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be to lead the development of concepts and place-making strategies and their subsequent translation at the intersection of digital, physical and Architecture. This includes the ideation and the development of concepts, and overseeing the specifics of the site and building design through the SD, DD and potentially CD/CA stages. We require an applicant with 5+ years of experience actually leading a design team through multiple project stages, and preferably with a track record of realized projects. Storytelling is at the root of our work, and a portfolio of strong representational work will be key, as are strong communication skills.
- Superior ideation skills, lateral thinking and a solution based user experience perspective
- Leads in establishing a design POV and inspires others to follow
- Leads in the planning and execution of both design and technical aspects of a project
- Ability to share the sand-box and build the best castle. Always integral to actually building the castle, never limited to just overseeing the process.
- Actively lead design research, behavioral analysis, effectively synthesize and communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and through execution.
- Highly developed skills in client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination, and ideally experience on projects through construction administration.
- Strong interest in the convergent creative disciplines represented
- Responsible for the production of the work and deliverables.
- Leads and mentors junior talent
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies;
- Have B.Arch, M.Arch or MFA
- 10 years+ of proven experience in architecture, environmental design, visual design or interaction design, including all phases of the design process: conceptual, detail and design development, construction documents, construction administration, site supervision
- 5+ years of experience leading a design team
- Expertise in systemic thinking and strong knowledge of design principles and methodology, particularly as applied to environments
- Aspire to a broader mindset about design, research, multidisciplinary and human-centered approach as the foundation for architecture
- CREATIVITY represented in a STELLAR portfolio
- Track record of realized and/or published projects
- Knowledge of international building codes
- ROCKSTAR skills using industry standard software and tools including AutoCAD and / or REVIT, 3DStudio Max, Rhino, Sketch-up, Unity, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, FCPX / Premier Pro, VR / AR, Pencil and paper, Painting and other media, model making
- Huge desire for individuality and point of view surrounding design.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in another language is an asset
If you are interested please send your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org