Archibat HR Asia is looking for a Senior Urban Designer for a Leading Asian Urban and Infrastructure Consulting firm to join their Architectural team in Shanghai.
• Master’s degree in urban planning or urban design
• 10+ years of relevant working experience and more than 5 years in management experience.
• Excellent knowledge and experience in Chinese planning system with demonstrated ability to coordinate disciplines including transportation, landscaping, environmental engineering, technology, and social integration.
• Strong design process and systematic approach, as well as excellent graphic and visualization skills.
• Interest and understanding of sustainable strategies, smart solutions, and urban technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to work, communicate effectively and negotiate with client, consultants, and governmental agencies to achieve win-win solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead project teams and manage project schedule, budget and program.
• Written and verbal communications skills in Mandarin and English.
• problem-solving mindset, collaborative, strong commitment and able to work under time pressure.
• Proactive and self-motivated, with a continuous desire to both learn from and mentor others
• Responsible, accountable, and able to foresee risks and solve conflicts in projects
• Knowledge of Autocad, Sketch up, Rhino and Adobe Suite is preferred.
• Able to do domestic business travels frequently
• Strong Professional References is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads the projects and team of the Urban Department through close collaboration with the General Manager to achieve design, technical and financial success.
• Assist in setting annual business plan of the urban department, as well as facilitating and supervising the implementation.
• Develops and/or manages a consistent work plan to achieve the project goals including excellence in design, high quality deliverables, budget, and schedule.
• Assist in managing the client relationship and expectations to allow the team to work effectively, efficiently and collaboratively.
• Monitors scope for contract compliance and potential additional services.
• Manages time and workload of the Urban Design team to deliver high quality and to meet project deadlines and commitments
• Mentors team members
• leadership in the implementation of sustainable strategies in projects and the associated development of staff knowledge
• Supports business development, public relationships, and marketing opportunities
• Present, communicate and promote the work of the Urban Department.
Position based in Shanghai.
Please forward your CV Portfolio to Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org